Saturday, January 10, 2009

Future

Too many times I am so caught up worrying about the future that I miss what is happening in the present. I have concluded that if God wanted us to know our future He would have provided the means for us to see it. So until we get to be our future selves, we cannot know what God has in store for us. The last thing that we need to worry about is a future that an Almighty God already has planned for us. He is going to open doors where they need to be opened, and close them where they need to be closed. It is a silly waste of time to worry about a future that is already planned for us. Our responsibility is to listen to the direction that God is steering us. Beyond that, we need to let our future be decided by God. Which makes it pointless for us to worry about our future. What is happening around you now is what should have your attention. The people you encounter, the opportunities you may have, the lessons you could be learning...these are the things that we should be paying attention to. Everything and everyone in your life right now, is there because God put them there. How sad if we pass up the people in our lives now and miss something God has for us because we are too eager for the future.

2 comments:

Natalie Powers said...

so true my cute friend. :) keep your eyes and heart on Him. I promise you the future comes faster than you think...and sometimes you don't want it to. love you

Breanna said...

Right on, sister! The future has much in store, but I know I missed a lot of great moments, relationships, etc. because I was just too in a hurry for what was to come (or what I thought was or wasn't to come). Very wise insight!